Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Landscape dilemma, wardrobes

Met George today on site to discuss the landscaping.  Wanted to change my honey locust trees because they're ugly and drop seed pods, but council wouldn't let me.
The small but expensive areas of grass (marked in black - approx 63sqm) quoted $7.5K exc GST

Still undecided about what to do with the landscape - real grass vs artificial vs concrete
- Real grass. Have to mow. There's also the issue of getting a lawn mower in Dw1 POS as the only access is through the house.
- Artificial grass. Expensive. Also not sure when I can install it. It's really bad timing I'm going overseas. Ideal time would be to install it same time as when the landscape is done - but need to check that George will let me do that. If I can only do it after handover, there's the issue of access - the rainwater tank will be installed, so only way is to go through the inside of the house.
- Concrete. Mum wants to concrete the back. However, council requirements is that it needs to be lawn. So I would need to put in lawn, then take it out, and then concrete. So it's really a big waste of money to put in lawn that I don't need.

Also spoke to George about my issues. He said he would sort them out, except for the powder room vanity. The pipe was put in the wrong place - from the ground, so a wall hung vanity would have shown it. To change it would not only have involved taking up the tiles, but jack hammering the concrete - not worth it. I originally wanted the wall hung to increase the sense of space, but it's actually bigger than I expected. Actually I wish I went with a normal sink.

Sliding wardrobes have been done. Also with double and full height hanging space - great idea, and drawers for the master bedrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment