Monday, April 16, 2012

Landscape and other issues

Landscape
On Friday, I finally got the revised quote after 3 weeks. The original quote was around 8.5K, this new one? 19K!!! What??! All I asked for was some synthetic grass $7.5K and rocks to help with the levels as it was noted in the plan $1.5K. There's no way I'm paying that much.

Over the weekend, finally had a chance to look properly at the houses. Noticed some mistakes.

1. Stone benchtops for the kitchen and bathrooms have been done. But I noticed that Dw2 island bench doesn't have the waterfall sides.


2. Dw1 powder vanity is the incorrect model. It should be wall hung. It would be an issue to try and change it as the tiles have already been laid around it.

3. Dw1 front glass panes are clear - no privacy. Should be wave slumped.

2. is not a big issue, I'm happy to leave it. But not happy about 1 and 3. It'll be expensive to change Dw2 as you can't just join slabs to the side, so it would need to be a new bench with the stone cut out. I'll be meeting George tomorrow so I'll see what he says about it.

The stair bannister has been put in.

Connections
Have rung up Tru Energy to connect the electricity. They called me to ask if I wanted to the gas also connected. I tried to get in touch with Monika then Dan - who never replies it's so annoying.

Things to do:
- choose glass splashback colour.
- organise blinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment