Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lock up stage completed...

... but I'm not convinced!

Went by yesterday to give a Notice to Fence to the community centre. She had left a voicemail message saying that they were not willing to pay for half the cost. So I am now going down the more official route. The end route is the Magistrates Court, but I won't take that pathway, it's not worth it. So just need to wait and see what they say.

Anyway as I was driving out, I saw a truck pulling into the block. I was surprised as I thought they were still on builders' holiday. Apparently though the 2 guys were there to clean up the rubbish. I was nearly going to check out the property, so it's a good thing I didn't! Would have been sprung! They told me that Dan was in the office today - again a surprise as I thought the office wouldn't be open until Monday. So I wrote an email to him asking him to call/email me to clarify about the Lock up stage invoice and the electrical which I still had not heard about.

A couple of hours later, I received a call from George - even more surprising as he wasn't meant to be back at work for another week. He said the electrical admin charge of $250 would be waived. So it should be as the cost was originally due to the lateness of the request, but it's been more than a month since I asked for the variation, so they can't say it was last minute.

With the Lock up stage invoice, he told me that everything had been done, except the doors, which were under $1000, wouldn't take long for the carpenter to put on and are put on between fixing and lock up stage. As I've said before, I'm quite happy to deal with George, and the money had FINALLY been transferred from Ubank to Mum's account on Thursday - TWO weeks after it had been blocked (D was on the phone to them refusing to hang up until they promised that the money was transferred), so there wasn't any point in me delaying the payment.

So I've agreed to pay the invoice next week. However, I noticed some other things:

Eaves have not all been completed! And the internal brickwork for DW2 garage has not been completed! I'll ask next week (see how much the electrical variation is going to cost me...)

Lock up stage 'completed' - 35%

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that D was on the phone FIVE times for more than TWO hours sorting out YOUR problem.... Btw, have u bought Agricola yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, it's been a month since your last update

    ReplyDelete