Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lock up stage?

I received the invoice for the Lock up stage on Thursday. After work I went by to check on the house and this is what I saw:

Where are the doors??

Not exactly my definition of 'lock up', which according to the HIA contract is:
'the stage when a home's external wall cladding and roof covering is fixed, the flooring is laid and external doors and external windows are fixed (even if those doors or windows are only temporary)'

I emailed my builder that night and still have not received a reply. And because it is Christmas holiday time, I'm guessing that I won't be hearing from him for a while. But I still have to pay, otherwise I can get penalised.

In the meantime, after I received the invoice on Thursday afternoon, I had to move quickly to get money transferred. From mum's Ubank account to her linked NAB account and then to my account. So I called up Ubank pretending to be mum (she's so technologically illiterate it was easier for me to do it, plus the security mobile is mine), gave all the security answers and security sms. Was asked a few times if I was really her, because apparently I sound younger than the specified age. Eventually though he did put the transfer through. After I saw that the lock up stage was not quite complete I called up later that evening to see if I could delay the transfer - big mistake! They decided to block the account as they had concerns as I sounded too young. So annoying!!! To unblock it mum would have to go to Aus Post to show 100 points of ID. Then mum got an email that night to say that she would receive a letter in 4-5 working days from Ubank that she would need to bring with her to Aus Post to verify her ID and then they would have to send it back to Ubank. And as this is over Christmas time so 4-5 working days is even longer! Especially as I am meant to pay the invoice within 7 days, NOT working days. NOT HAPPY. Anyway mum called up Ubank yesterday and they were able to email the form, so she could take it to Aus Post, but now I still have to wait for Ubank to receive the letter, then organise transfer of the money which can take up to 3 working days, then transfer it from mum's NAB account to mine. Who knows how long that will take. Super annoyed and giving me extra stress. What's the point of having all the security answers and security smses if they still block the account? And it's not as if I'm transferring it to an unknown account, it's to her linked account!

No comments:

Post a Comment