Friday, March 8, 2019

First signs of works

Was told by P that last Sat fencing had gone up.

Went around yesterday and found they've started the demolition process!  Have removed the asbestos.  Although I'm not sure if the demolition permit has be approved...




In the end, I paid $5k deposit to lock in the start date for end of April.  If I hadn't built with them before, there was no way I would do it, but to get things moving along, I transferred it on 24/2.

Contracts still haven't been signed.  Had 2.5 hour meeting to discuss plan changes.

Things I've been doing in the meantime.

Looking at front door locks.  I want to get a digital lock but have very little knowledge.

To have multiple entry codes.
To have emergency key access.
To have swipe card.
To have smart phone accessibility.

Learning about bump locks. 

Trying to decide on vinyl flooring
- can go 2.5mm or 5mm.  Same wear layer of 0.55mm which is important to know how long it last.  Main difference in thickness is apparently acoustics and softness underfoot. 

I went to the Asko warehouse clearance 22/2/19 intending to only buy a dishwasher, as I'd decided to go with Bosch gas cooktop and oven, Qasair rangehood. 
And then.  I came across this combined gas/induction cooktop that I had previously seen in stores but discounted due it's cost of $5k.  But it was only $3.5k in the warehouse! 

After ummming and ahhing, googling for an hour, also wondering if 21cm was wide enough, however as there was a wide wok burner, I ended up buying it.  Way over what I'd planned to buy.  But it looks so nice, and solves my problem of whether to go induction or gas.  Now I have to change my rangehood though, as I was originally going to go the Qasair undermount 280mm depth, but it's not appropriate for induction due to the way the steam goes up.  At first I only thought I could go the Eastmore or Westmore which HN don't stock, however my HN guy called up and found that the Eaton was also appropriate.  It was also cheaper than the undermount!  At 380mm depth it does mean that I needed wide cabinetry - good thing that hasn't been finalised.  Was also trying to decide on getting ducting kit or not, but as it sticks out about 150mm, I've decided not to get so it will be flush against the wall.  Also had to change the height of the rangehood as it has to be 750 minimum distance

No comments:

Post a Comment