Friday, March 22, 2019

Bricks

My colour scheme is grey, brown, white.

So I went to Brickworks in Lynbrook to check out the bricks.  They have all their bricks outside so it can be visited even when they're closed. 

I was looking for a grey, brown brick. Couldn't be Austral Industrial Iron as that was the brick next door. 

I found Daniel Robertson Maddox which seemed to have the brown grey colours.

Another one I looked at was Austral Industrial Char.  Quite dark.

I was also looking at the cheaper Austral Pepperwood or more expensive Hawthorn, however they seemed too brown and I'd used Hawthorn in my first house.

I spoke to my builder and found out the Maddox would add approx $4000, Industrial $1500.
Was this worth it?
I went to have a look and some houses and found the Maddox looked overall brown, and not worth the extra cost.

Leaving me with the Industrial Char.

However I didn't like it if it was overall too grey.
This was going to be my inspiration, but I also wasn't sure if it was too standard.


So I made an appointment at Brickworks for a colour selection consultation.  Wasn't quite what I expected or that useful.  Firstly the lady didn't introduce herself, then I found out that the colour consultant was away and she was filling in, and finally she didn't give me any advice as to what colours to go with.  It was meant to be 1.5 hours, and ended up being 40mins.  There was limited render samples, and so I ended up with this.


I still had reservations that it might be too grey, but was going to leave it.
Then I looked across, and found these bricks, that had just come in the previous month.
Austral Black Rock and Austral Yering - the brown/grey brick I was looking for!

Austral Black Rock
Austral Yering











Hmm... choices choices. Unfortunately it's too new and I can't look at any houses.
Austral Black Rock



Austral Yering























Still also waiting on contracts.. not happy

No comments:

Post a Comment