Saturday, February 23, 2019

Deposit

With demolition moving along nicely at this stage, now waiting for contract.

I thought I still had time to decide on contract.  I was still waiting on engineering - which I only got yesterday after signing off in November.
Without engineering, I couldn't complete final construction drawings as my draftsman needed it.
I also hadn't done final revisions.
And without drawings, I can't sign contract.
So I thought I still had lots of time to decide on contract and pricings.

Then last week, my builder told me that he needed a deposit.

Er, I can't pay deposit until I sign contract.

Also I haven't firmed up costings or got the contract specifications.

After the revised costings which were significantly higher than what I expected, it makes me nervous that I'm agreeing to costings that are according to luxury specifications that have not been listed.

I'm also paying a lot more than P and he has more inclusions - not fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment