Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tying up loose ends

I'm now in Singapore. Before I left had so many things to do. I hope the landscape gets finished in time for the grass. Managed to get grass guy to install it all on Friday. Dale was telling me one thing - that I could only do POS1, George another - that I could do all of it. Am on roaming but won't answer phone calls bc it's too expensive. Before I left called my land surveyor on the Friday. Really should have done it earlier. Left a lot of things to last minute which I could have done earlier. Anyway, he was telling me I needed to get town planning and drainage inspection before statement of compliance could be issued. Couldn't get in touch with George so I organised the drainage inspection for the Mon i come back. Later spoke to George and he said that he would organise it. Anyway yesterday got a call from my land surveyor - but didn't pick up. Sent email, no answer, so had to email P my PA to ring them. He did, and they emailed me back. Just needed to know who was organising the inspections. Have to get Mum to fax my final inspection. Needed to get the invoice amended as the variation for the tiles and carpet hadn't been done - ended up being quite a lot $2.5K credit. Was going to get P to fax, but he said he didn't know how to do it... what? Who doesn't know how to fax?! Also wanted to find out about who had done the stone for my benchtops, to see about the possibility of getting my splashback done in stone. Luckily I had noticed a sign on the benchtop and taken a photo of it which had the number. P called up, and mum too. But I have a feeling it can't be done as I've looked at the Caesarstone website and it says that I need a minimum of 200mm from the stone to the edge of the flame - which I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment