Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Landscaping headache

So before I left for hols, I tried to make sure all the loose ends were tied up. One of my concerns was coordinating the landscape with the grass. Gave everyone the relevant numbers and plans. 

Then on Friday I received the invoice from grass guy with an email saying that more grass was needed to be put in, compared to what was on the plan. Alarm bells. What would be done differently that it needed more grass?

Emailed P to ask him to take photos.

Got the photos last night. Not happy.

Firstly, big mistake is Dw1 POS was fully grassed, so that there is no garden bed along the north side fence and therefore no canopy tree - required by council.
2nd, Dw2 POS was meant to have garden bed / lilydale topping on the north side of the fence - not grass.
3rd, DW2 POS grass was meant to start from edge of laundry steps onwards to the deck, so that I could later pave the area from the laundry steps around to the garage for my mum and it would be easier to access the clothesline. Instead the grass goes right up to the steps.
So I estimate about 9sqm more of grass than required - approx $650.

Also, it doesn't comply with council.

I emailed the grass guy and he said the builder or maybe it was Dale was on site at the time and that's what he was told to do.

So now waiting a reply from George.

No comments:

Post a Comment