Saturday, February 18, 2012

Decks

My lovely Merbeau decks have been completed! They look really nice! It turns a rich colour when it's wet.

Dw1 deck Dw2 deck
The timber flooring of DW2 has been completed. I like how the decks continue the colour on the outside.
Plaster of DW1 had been done. Plastering now complete.

They've put gravel on the driveway - so that it's not so muddy?
Fences

Finally got my fence quotes signed off. This was again something that was adding stress as I needed to get it done soon before the landscaping - shouldn't have left it to the last minute.
My rear neighbour agreed to split the cost of the fence. Initially when I spoke to him he didn't think it needed replacing, which it definitely did, as you can see in the photo. But then he changed his mind as long as it had lattice. Dw2 is raised so it looks into his backyard which he didn't like. It also took a while because the fence companies took ages to get the quotes to me. The fencer George uses wasn't getting in contact with me, so I was going to go with another company and smsed him to let him know that. He quickly replied to me to say he'd been in a car crash.. okay.. and that was why he couldn't get back to me but would ring me later tonight. I was quite unsympathetic, but nicely replied that I hoped he was alright, but I was annoyed that he didn't just ring me straight away - he'd had time to message, why not ring?! Anyway, he finally called a couple of hours later, no mention of the car crash, only that he'd had a hectic day. He said he could match the cheaper quote I had, so I decided to go with him as he'd done a lot of work with my builder and would be able to liaise easily with him. Feel a bit bad about not going with the other quote, although they wouldn't be able to do it for 3-4 weeks, and I wanted it done earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment