Saturday, December 17, 2011

Render DW1 upper floor, stair lights


Rendering of DW1 has been newly completed - not fully dry. Looks like the brickwork is nearly complete. Still some roof tiles to be done.

Aiming for lock up before Christmas...



Lighting
After looking at a lot of LED lights for my stair well, finally decided on this one from Beacon Lighting Nunawading. Warm white silver 10x10. It wasn't even at the other Beacon Lighting shops as Nunawading is apparently a franchise store, so they order in different lights. They didn't have it in stock yesterday so I've ordered 4 for now (still waiting to see if I can add another 4 to my electrical plan) But because I have to wait, I got a further 5% off, so each LED costs $75. Fairly expensive - $300 for per stairwell - but they're meant to last 'forever'. Unfortunately, couldn't find them online. They had cheaper $50 ones at Australian Lighting Clayton but they were bigger and the light wasn't as diffuse - more of a spot.

Fence
Spoke to my right side neighbour about getting the fence replaced. This side is really falling down! However they are a community centre and are planning on moving mid next year, and selling this site, so they are reluctant to pay for a new fence. The site manager said she would present it as a business case. I'll have to just wait and see. Now just need to speak to my rear neighbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment