Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Arborist

As this development needs to go through council, another necessary step is getting an arborist report.  My previous arborist was now charging nearly double what it cost me last time, so I went with one that my draftsman recommended.
This is one of the street trees - a really tall pin oak tree, looks nice in autumn and spring with its coloured leaves, however unfortunately drops all the leaves into what will be my backyard and gutters.  Also, I would prefer to put my garage on the south side, but this tree is blocking the way.

So I was hoping that the arborist report might show that it was dying and could be chopped down.  Although my draftsman said that it was better for it to be in good health, or bad enough health that it needed to be chopped down, otherwise if it was in between the tree protection zone (TPZ) would be increased, which would affect my ability to build over it.

Anyway the arborist visited the site last week and sent me the report this week. Good news is that none of the trees on my block need to be retained, bad news is the pin oak needs to stay, TPZ is 8.28m, which I think is not too bad... will see what my draftman says.

No comments:

Post a Comment