Tuesday, September 5, 2017

First step, first issue - Land survey

I have been procrastinating - as my name says.

Time, well actually, over a year, has gone by.

Then, while I was away on holidays in July/August I received two emails from my agent.  Problems with the heating and electrical. I've already spent $1000 on replacing the front wooden stairs which will be demolished.

So, I've reluctantly decided it is finally TIME. TO. START. before my house falls apart and I continue throwing money at it.

It's been over 5 years, I'd nearly forgotten what the first step was... 

Land survey and reestablishment.

I got a couple quotes from my previous land surveyor and P's, and in the end decided to go with his due to cost.  Although, I didn't get any discount compared to P's even though they already have a lot of the info from doing his.

They were very quick with doing it - within a week - However, got the plan last night.


FIRST ISSUE: 'Under construction house. Can't get any setback'

The house next door has slab, frames, roof and windows.  I thought it was enough.  I need it for town planning.

Sigh.

Waiting for a response back.

At the same time, I've concurrently been looking for an architect/draftsman.  

The fun part though has been trying to figure out a floor plan.  I've been learning how to use Sketchup.  I don't know the specific setbacks, but I'm hoping I have the general layout correct.
To void or not to void (over the kitchen bench), that is the current question.
Pros: light
Cons: takes up space, heating/cooling issues, noise, smell
Hmm... seems like there are more cons

No comments:

Post a Comment