Monday, October 3, 2011

Pendant lights

Next challenge is looking for my light fittings by the end of this month. I counted and I need to get 39 light fittings. Most important ones are the pendant lights. If I can't find the fittings I'll have to just leave it as battens and look for fittings later.

On Saturday went to Maroondah Lighting, Croydon. Spent a tiring 2 hours there trying to do a walk through of the lights that I need. Came up with a list of possible lights. Found a really nice glass pendant, but then realised that it might be too small. I've seen some pendant lights that look a bit odd and I think now it's because the scale was wrong.

On Sunday went to Beacon Lighting, Oakleigh. Found the same lights that were at Maroondah Lighting but a fair bit cheaper. Also found a pendant light that I think will go nicely above my island bench. Kameo 1 pendant light (see below). Quite different from what I thought I would go with. Not glass, and bigger than I pictured. Bought 3 at 10% off for $63.95 each.



Then went to Home of Lights, Nunawading. Found the same light for $59.95 - ripped off!

Afterwards stopped by and was surprised to see a guy working on the slab - it was a nice day. The rain had delayed them so he must have been making up time in preparation to laying it on Monday. Was able to finally step inside the site. Got a close up look - it's small! Hope that there is no issue with the steel as it was left out in the pouring rain and got wet. Don't want it to rust in the concrete...



Puddles left in the footings of DW1 porch





At night looked online and found that the same pendant lights sold for $41.95! From Davoluce Lighting in Elsternwick. At least I can return my lights from Beacon Lighting.




Lesson learnt: go in stores to find lights that you like, then go online to source the cheapest light fittings

No comments:

Post a Comment