Sunday, October 20, 2019

Retaining wall complete!

After all that hassle, it was finally completed this week.  No more stress with it!  In hindsight, I would definitely have done it at the start.  Took 3 days.  They had the wrong measurements for the south side at 1.2m as my builder hadn't specified it on the plan, but thank God I was there on the first day as they were excavating, so managed to change it.


Painters were also in.
Couldn't look inside today as it's finally locked up.  But can see the garage paint. Also evidence of the windows covered.  I don't know why the external door is this colour....














Rangehood is still causing me issues.
I decided to get another quote from another installer.
Came on Friday to have a look, walked around and then he told me it would be too hard to get do it back ducted. What?! After I moved the down pipe?  He was concerned if there was piping, hot water system etc there.  I showed him the pictures at frame stage, but he still thought it would be a risk and it would be better to go through ceiling.  I noticed there were wires in the ceiling too, but he said that there was more room to move going through ceiling.  However to go through the ceiling would involve more ducts, plus more labour, estimated at 1600-1700 - so expensive!!  I asked if he could try back ducted first, and he said yes, 550-600, but if he had known that I had the material, he would have just told me over the phone. By this stage he seemed annoyed.  And I was getting suspicious that he was a dodge tradie, trying to make me do the more expensive option.
Called P and found out he actually used my first installer that I had quoted.
Called the first guy back to tell him that the down pipe had been moved, and he said there shouldn't be any issues.
Back to my thoughts that the guy was a dodge tradie...

Still trying to decide on what to do with landscaping.  Had another landscaper look at it, but he doesn't think I need to have retaining walls...

No comments:

Post a Comment